First Presbyterian Church Terrell 834 Griffith Ave Terrrell. TX 75160 972-563-3562 firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday School - 9:30 am Church Services - 11:00 am Coffee & Fellowship - 12:15
Nursery Services Available ages 2 and up
The First Presbyterian Church
The history of the First Presbyterian Church of Terrell is closely related to that of the city itself. A Cumberland Presbyterian Church was organized in 1873, the year Terrell was founded. It built a sanctuary that was also used by the Methodist, Baptist and the disciples of Christ. The First Presbyterian Church was organized in 1876. Land was purchased from J.C. Griffith and in 1881 from J.L. Terrell. The present church was then formed by the union in 1905 of The Cumberland Presbyterian and the First Presbyterian Church. In 1908 The newly United Church built a sanctuary at the corner of High Street and Rockwall Avenue the present sanctuary was built in 1958 and renovated in 2003. Beautiful stain glass windows were preserved from the earlier sanctuary.
Terrell's first church kindergarten was formed in 1965 at the First Presbyterian Church. The kindergarten is still in business today and has a graduating class each year in May.